Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Practice what you preach


It's been a while since I wrote a blog post, and there's a reason I decided to put if off for a while!

Being a small business owner is really great, and my fitness business is a lifelong dream come true. I love every minute of it, every day is an adventure. It's also a lot of hard work. I could work 24 hours a day and still have things to do. Combine that with my energy draining chronic illness, and a desire to have a personal life and you've got the makings for a really unhealthy lifestyle if you aren't careful!

Since I try to practice what I preach to my clients: being healthy is about the whole package including stress management and a balance in life not just fitness, I decided to cut something out until things died down. I used my extra time to rest, enjoy life and of course to keep fit!

I think everyone, but especially women, tend to try to do too much. Maybe it's a need to please, maybe it's a desire for control. Who knows, but I do know it's unhealthy to take on too much and then personally suffer. Nothing is worth that!

So, that's my story of why I haven't written a blog in a couple of weeks. Do you ever find yourself in the same situation I was in? What do you do? Do you keep pushing, missing sleep and denying yourself a healthy body? I hope not, it's just not worth it. You know what, the world doesn't end if we put something aside for a bit to get a little rest. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment