Thursday, January 20, 2011

Past failures, future fitness


Not everyone succeeds in their quest for fitness when they hire a trainer. A lot don't. I used to lose sleep over this, worrying about how to motivate clients who aren't doing well in their training. I worried a LOT about it.

I don't know if it was all at once or after much research and talking to mentors, but I realized that this is just a reality of life. Some people aren't ready to make a change. They want to, they think they are, but when it comes down to it, they aren't willing to make the changes it takes to have a healthier lifestyle.

This doesn't mean they'll NEVER will succeed. It doesn't mean their trainer is a failure. They just aren't ready, simple as that. Successful lifestyle change takes making health a high priority in life. That can be tough when it hasn't been high on the list (or even on the list at all).

But it can happen. People can, and do, change. They get fed up with feeling bad, being heavy or whatever their personal reason and something inside switches. Even if they've tried and failed in the past, once that spark is ignited, there's no stopping them.

For as many people (and more even) I see fail, I see people get a spark in their eye, and kick butt! It's a wonderful experience to be a part of and it never gets old. It reminds me that I'm just a tool to be used, and I'm happy to be used!

You can make a healthier life for yourself. It's something that must come from the inside, though. It can't come from a personal trainer, a husband or wife or anyone else. Just you - and you CAN do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment