Sunday, April 17, 2011

5 Motivation tips

Lately I've been thinking a lot about motivation. What will motivate my clients to get healthy, and more importantly, stay healthy for life.

I don't have all of the answers, and because everyone is different, what works for one person won't for another.

But, there are some things I've noticed most successful people have in common that's helped them make healthier lifestyle changes.

Here are 5 things that successful people do to make a healthy lifestyle change:
1. They have their life prioritized.
This means they know where fitness is on the list. Some things are going to take priority, but not everything. So, when something low on the list comes up, they can say no to it and not feel guilty.

2. They've realistically set their goals & have them in writing.
We all know writing goals down makes them more 'real', so I ask, have you written your health & fitness goals down? If so, where are they? Display them somewhere so you can see them!

3. They plan their week, including their workouts (they don't just hope for the best).
You can't just hope exercise happens. Believe me, if you leave it to chance, chances are you will NOT exercise. Plan when, where, what, you'll be doing.

4. They have a back up plan for when things go wrong.
We all know life rarely goes according to plan. So, have a backup plan for when this happens. Example: plan on walking outside but the rain got in the way? Put in a DVD & get moving. Simple!

5. They've set a goal like a 5k.
No, this isn't redundant, it's different than having goals. Set a specific event in the future, like a 5k, to work toward. If you have a set date to get fit for, you're more likely to get that workout in even when you don't feel like it!

I've got 5 more tips on the way, so make sure you come back!

2 comments:

  1. Greta tips Emily! I like your work and what a fabulous post this one is! Stay healthy like theses ways is very easy. I appreciate your consciousness.
    bodylift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Robin! I'm really glad to hear the feedback, and hope my posts can be helpful to you and others. :)

    ReplyDelete