Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fitness is worth the commitment

TRX is great!
Would you be surprised if I told you that fitness trainers are regular people just like everyone else?  They have days they don't feel like working out or where they feel like eating the world twice over.

The difference is that, while most people know that a fleeting feeling isn't worth straying from the commitment, we've practiced this over & over until it's a habit.  We've experienced the value of the commitment, and that makes it easier to keep moving.

Yesterday I was really not happy about the thought of exercise.  I was a little grumpy, tired & nothing sounded good.  I can't run yet (see why here), there was a jellyfish warning at the beach (I don't like chancing that) & it made me feel grouchy.

But I knew I'd feel better if I got moving.  So I adjusted my plan a bit & did a circuit style TRX workout.  The grumps disappeared & I had more energy.

No, exercise won't solve your problems.  But neither will sitting around feeling rotten!  So the next time you have a workout scheduled & you don't feel like doing it, do it anyway.  You'll be glad you did, I promise! -- Written by Emily Collins, Owner & trainer Honolulu HI 

No comments:

Post a Comment