Sunday, July 24, 2016

Never give up on yourself

"On the other side of fear lies freedom." Don't know who said this but I've found it to be true.
Waikiki

That's my head in the green cap right in the middle of the picture. In the middle of some fairly big swells I swam just fine. But that wasn't always the case. Before we moved to Hawaii I always said once we got here my triathlon days will be over. Ocean swimming, no way. No. Way. But once I got here I found, to my surprise, I wasn't quite ready to quit.

So I took ONE FULL YEAR to get myself comfortable with ocean swimming. Many, many times I panicked & made a bee line to shore. I often questioned if I'd ever be able to personally get past this fear, let alone train others.

Now, almost four years later I can't imagine ever going back to lap or lake swimming. I L-O-V-E it. I LOVE working with people,getting them comfortable in the water, helping them get past those same fears I had, helping them reach goals and take things to the next level. I think back and am soooo thankful I kept trying. I would have missed out on some of the best times of my life, the best clients, the most fun training with people and countless blessings.

Bottom line: If you don't want to do something, don't. But if you want to, never, and I mean never give up on ypurself. No matter how long it takes or what odds you face. You can do it and it WILL be worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment