I'm also paying careful attention to balancing my diet:
- Grains 5-8 servings focusing on complex carbs & w
- Proten 5-6oz (lean) & I like to eat some protein with my breakfast. It helps keep me full longer. I enjoy lots of different protein sources. I also try to eat beef once per week (which might seem low to you but we don't eat much beef in our home, just because...)
- Vegetables 4-6 servings, super easy for me. I like all veggies!
- Fruit 3-4 servings, the hardest of all for me. I like fruit but I never want to eat it so I have to make special efforts
- Dairy 3 servings from skim milk, soy milk, low fat cheese, yogurt, pudding - lots of fun options!
I don't feel any guilt because I keep it between 100-400 calories depending on how active I am that day. I NEVER feel like I'm missing out on anything because I eat what I want, just in moderation & with a bit of thought. It's pretty easy & gets easier with practice.
I've been enjoying being extra healthy with balancing my diet. It's fun for me & I feel really good. Feeling good makes it more fun & makes me want to do it more. It's a cycle of goodness!