Monday, March 3, 2014

Staying fit during injury is possible

As my silly little toe that was strained (I originally thought it was broken) recovers I've been focusing on ways to exercise that doesn't require it's use.  You can imagine how challenging that can be! But it's doable.

My running goals had to be put on hold but since I'm also a triathlete, this has given me time to swim & bike, which has been a lot of fun.  I've also
My swimming pool
continued resistance training, yoga & added a bit of Pilates. I can't do lunges, plank, or toe pushups.  But luckily my brain is full of exercises so I've had no problems.


Even though I miss running, I'm really proud of myself for taking time and care to heal.  I know I have my whole life to run and a few weeks off isn't a big deal, and there's no excuse not to take care of self during time of illness or injury!

I'm closing in on this injury, the end is in full site. I've slowly started walking and I'll be running again soon.  Until then, I'm enjoying what I can do!

Have you had an illness or injury?  I'd love to hear about how you stayed healthy and took care of yourself during recovery.
Written by Emily Collins, owner and trainer Honolulu HI

No comments:

Post a Comment