Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fatigue and marathon training


This week is my rest week in my marathon training. It's a much needed break.

I've noticed over the past few weeks that I've been feeling fatigued. It's nothing unusual with adrenal fatigue, but it's no fun when training for a marathon. I know I'm not over training, and I'm being careful with my diet and nutrition. So, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not yet up to logging in the mileage...

So, I'm enjoying this week to the fullest. I'm taking full advantage of cross training, but also adding a bit more rest. After that, I'll give it one more round of training and building mileage/rest week (3 weeks build, 1 rest week) and if I'm still fatigued, I may have to put marathon training on hold for a while. It stinks, but my health isn't worth the sacrifice just to do a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment