Sunday, June 24, 2012

Attitude is everything

What motivates you to stay fit?  Could it be that you haven't figured that out yet & that's why you're struggling to keep active?

Or..maybe there's something else involved.

Whatever the motivation, know this.

Attitude is everything.

Let me be clear:
No matter what your motivation is, if your attitude stinks it won't matter.

I'll use myself as an example.  I could get discouraged that my health issues cause me to be slow & it feels like I start over every time I exercise (just like my Dr said & he was right).

Or, I could feel blessed to be able to do what I do in SPITE of this.  I'm not supposed to be able to do triathlons.  But I do them.  I'm slow, I must train very carefully, but I do them.

I can run.  I can move.  I can do whatever I want to do.  I can still do it based on my personal abilities.

When things don't go exactly as planned, there's two choices you & I have. Internalize it, convince ourselves we suck, spiral down & eventually quit.

Or we could stay positive and objectively look at what's going on, make changes where needed, grow, move forward & get better and stronger.

I choose to be positive (yes it's a choice).  Otherwise I wouldn't be where I'm at now & I won't get to where I'm going.  And I'm excited about my future!  Are you excited about yours?  I hope so.

I challenge you to do two things.  First, if you don't know what motivates you find out.  Second, keep the attitude positive no matter what.  Repeat after me: "Keep the attitude positive no matter what."

Are you up for this challenge?  I hope so because it's the only way to go & it's really worth the effort.  


Stay connected with us on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment