Thursday, May 16, 2013

Speed run

Last night I didn't want to go for a run but I did anyway.

Glad I did.  It was a short speed workout which was what was scheduled.  

I always learn something about myself, especially on the speed runs.  

Here are three things I learned this time.


  • I listen to my body really well.  That makes me happy because I know I'm getting the most out of running with minimal risk of injury.  Yay!
  • I get nervous right before my speed workouts but I really feel good during and after them.  Why can't I remember that!?
  • I've mastered the art of start slow and finish strong & it's pretty awesome.  Building speed & that sprint finish - wow!  I felt like a track star coming into that home stretch.  It got me excited about running and excited for my next workout.  

Next time you don't feel like going for a run or whatever you choice of exercise is, take it from me.  Just go out there and do it.  Listen to your body and think about what you learned or what you're good at.  Then praise yourself a little bit for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment