Monday, October 21, 2013

Pregnancy, babies & fitness

Happy birthday baby Ellie!  Our trainer had her first today.  Here's what she
wrote just a few days ago:

"With our baby due any day now my good friend and I were talking today and she asked me, "What's the thing you're most excited about doing again after you have her?" 

Without even thinking twice, I automatically said, "working out." 

Of course you can moderately work out (I walk a lot) during pregnancy but it's nothing compared to what I could do before. 

It's so weird how the human body adapts and misses exercise. I miss dripping in sweat at the gym, I miss not being able to move my legs or arms the next day, I miss waking up sore, I miss throwing weights around, I miss feeling powerful, and most of all I miss coming out of a work out saying, "Yeah, I just kicked butt." 

I know we focus on beginner's fitness, but I miss the level I was personally at. I've decided my goal after baby, is to start training for my first 1/2 Mary and get down to 12% body fat (I was 18 pre baby). 

The only thing better about this time around is that I'll have a permanent workout buddy and in my opinion, the world's most adorable spotter . Gotta start them young right?! I guess what I'm trying to say is to never take exercise for granted, even if you don't feel like you're where you personally want to be, just be thankful for the workouts you do accomplish weather it's something you're new at, or a milestone in your own fitness journey. So, do me a favor and get a great workout in this weekend!" 
-- Written by Doni Bullock, OnTrack Fitness personal trainer, San Diego CA

P.S. Don't worry, we're giving Doni plenty of baby & mommy time before she starts into training again!

No comments:

Post a Comment