Monday, December 16, 2013

Healthy mommies!

This is my first update after week 1 of what I like to call, "Operation: FitMom." I have another name for it but, it's inappropriate ha! 

Before we get started on this journey, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself and talk about OnTrack Fitness (OTF). My name is Davonni "Doni" Bullock, the newest and youngest trainer for OTF. I've been married for almost three years to my husband who is currently deployed. We have two fur kids
My 1st addition to my home gym!
and recently added our newest family member, our first daughter, Eleanor Bullock. I love to lead an active lifestyle and some of my hobbies include cooking, baking, and crafting. 


Our OTF family loves beginners. No judgment or intimidation here. Even if you don't know what a "burpee" is or the correct form for a push-up, we welcome you.  Even if you've never exercised or know nothing about healthy living, we're here to guide you.  And if you're more advanced in the fitness world, we welcome you too!  We have a passion for inspiring, encouraging, and teaching others how to lead a healthy lifestyle that will LAST. 

As you follow me on this journey I'd like for you to keep in mind, I'm a trainer yes, but I'm also human and struggle with my own fitness challenges just like everyone else. Here it is- what I've been up to the first week after receiving the O.K. from my doctor to start exercising. 

This week's challenges: With my husband gone and family far away, my workouts get interrupted a lot by the baby. I would get frustrated (not at the baby just at our situation) and then get down on myself for losing composure.

Some workouts that would take me 30 minutes now run a little longer because well- I'm out of shape. I wasn't expecting to be at the level I was before deciding to have a baby, but I didn't know I would be this far behind. I'm sore and tired and with breast feeding thrown into working out, I'm literally hungry ALL day long....but the funny thing is I FEEL GREAT.  I missed the soreness, I missed the sweat, and I missed how relieved I felt after a good workout. 

On the bright side, I'm not as far behind as I was anticipating! I can still hold plank position for over a minute and I still have great stamina and endurance. Muscle memory is my best friend. Your body doesn't forget, you just have to remind it at times. After my first workout, I knew not to expect to wake up with abs the next morning, or rock solid thighs- I know to stay REALISTIC as in- results take time. 

Whenever I feel down about my performance or how I struggle with exercises that used to be so easy for me, I remember: at least I'm getting off the couch and getting active. I'm putting forth my best effort and that alone will get me to my goals. In retrospect- when getting back into a regiment don't worry about what you use to be able to do-you have to let go to start new. This is your time to start with a clean slate.

So here's my question to you.  Are you ready to start with a clean slate?  You CAN get healthy, no matter what life throws your way.  YOU can do this!  I'm here to help, and all of us at OnTrack Fitness are here to help guide & encourage you - even when times get tough!  And it doesn't matter where you live, we're here for you if you need training (we train all over the country) or just an encouraging word to keep going. We got your back & we're here to help! -- Written by Doni Bullock, OnTrack Fitness trainer San Diego

Get more tips & encouragement on our Facebook & Instagram pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment