Monday, December 1, 2014

You can change

Years ago a friend, who's dad was a psychiatrist, told me people don't change and don't expect them to.  She told me that her father gave her that little tidbit.

That made an impact on me.  I still think about that conversation.  It made me sad to think her father, who had dedicated his life to helping people work through problems and make changes in their life, believed so little in them.  He certainly didn't mind taking their money.  Even sadder, he passed that along to his daughter.

I didn't believe it at the time and I don't believe it now. 
I couldn't find a picture to go with the subject.
So this is one of my husband in a triathlon.
Enjoy!


Of course people can change!  It happens all the time.  I witness it all the time in my fitness training. It's not always easy but it's doable and it's done every day by regular people just like you. 

If you want to make a healthy lifestyle change, believe you can do it because you can!  

Act like the person who is already fit, already healthy, already someone who eats well and cares about healthy nutrition.  

Believe it, act like you're there, work toward it with specific goals and don't let set backs stop you.  You will get there, I believe in you! - written by Emily Collins, owner of OnTrack Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment